Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Only Darkness Remains...

Okay, so last night I got off the computer around 6ish cause it was storming really bad here. As soon as I got off it started to hail really, really bad and the thunder and lightning was so horrible!

I quickly turned EVERYTHING off in my room (including the AC *frown*) and ran downstairs to be by my daddy. I know it sounds really childish, but storms REALLY scare me. I hate them, I really do. I adore the rain, I wouldn't mind if it rained more (this is why I want to move to Seattle where it rains 250 days out of the year. *wink*)...but the thunder really gets to me. So, if it storms I need something to cuddle with and to be around people. My dad was home so he was it. He laughed at me the entire time, he loves storms. And my lovely brother Joey who is a year younger than me made fun of me the entire time.

Anyway, like ten minutes after I turned everything off in my room and went downstairs, the lights went out. No electric during a storm, yay! That definitely made me feel better!...Not!

So, now I'm REALLY freaking out. And my neighbor and mom keep texting me during this cause they now how afraid of storms I am! It was so sweet!

And I also texted Jilly Bean during this. I later found out her cell was in her purse so she never got my text. Evil woman!

I opened the door during the storm, just to see what was going on outside. The sky was gray, just plain gray. And the hail was bigger than dimes and it was really, really bad. It kept hitting the windows and before my sisters power went out she had called us, scared to death that the hail would crack her windows. She just feeds into my phobia, noticed huh?

Yeah so the storm lasted for about a half hour, an hour...whatever (I definitely lost count). And when I looked outside our table had been turned over and the chairs were all over...everything was a mess!

Once I was sure the storm had stopped, I called Jill on the phone! YAY. We chatted for a little bit and then I got out my laptop to work on our secret ficage. Hehe. After about an hour of writing I got off the computer though since my laptop battery only lasts two hours and I didn't want to waste it since I wasn't sure when the electric would come back on. Plus, it was hard to see since it was soo freaking dark by this time!

Around nine my mom got home. She told me that it was strange driving home because the whole neighborhood was pitch black, no lights, no street lamps lit - it was eerie, she told me. lol.

So around like 10:30 I finally got back on the phone with Jill. (Mind you we have been playing phone tag all night but we kept getting interrupted. Mother's, kids, siblings - you all know the drill!) And Jill and I chatted until after midnight. I was so scared. Another phobia of mine is the dark. I've never liked it, never! Bad dreams, ghosts - all those fun stuff. Blah.

Jill even read some stuff off TC for me. I was going through major computer withdrawls by this time so Jill being the sweetheart she is read me JT's update for The Beginning Of The End. She read me alllll of part 81. Isn't she so sweet? Smooches, Jilly Bean!

Anyway, Jill kept me company and then I went to bed. But of course not before calling the electric company! Earlier when I had called they said the electric would be on at midnight. When I called this time they said that it wouldn't be on until the afternoon today if at all.

Around eight oclock this morning I was awakened to the sound of my brother bitching. He didn't have summer school today because the school still didn't have power either. And I heard my mom saying how Sally (our neighbor) said the electric wouldn't be on until tonight, maybe tomorrow. Well, she didn't get ahold of a person, just an animated machine so I didn't believe her. I didn't even believe the school principal who had told Joey that it wouldn't be on until tomorrow either.

Anyway, I called the electric company and if you know me, you know I don't mess around. I got ahold of a live person and she told me they were hoping that all of New Jersey would be back up by noon today. Apparently my area though had gone through a lot of problems due to the storm - wires, phone lines messing up, trees, etc. I went downstairs to tell mom and everyone the news and ironically at 8:30 it came back on! YAY. Only 14 hours to fix it. LOL.

So then I took a shower and had to run all these stupid errands with mommy. GRR. And when I got back I reset up my tv and all that great junk. And so now, here I am!

WOW. It's been an eventful night and day! LOL. I've come to the conclusion that I now love all the candles I've collected. Hehe. Thank God for them! ...Otherwise I REALLY would have freaked out, sitting in my room in the dark. Hehe. (And no, I didn't sleep with the candle lit. Do I look like I want to be kidnapped by Faison?)

So, yeah...it's been an interesting 14 hours...

Okay, enough bitching. I'm off to check out TC and The Source and all those fun sites. I need to read some updates!

Thank you Jill for staying on the phone with me half the night and keeping me sane! I love you sweetheart! Hugs!

So, what do you say everyone? Haven't I had an interesting day? *giggle*

3 Comments:

Blogger RubyRed3 said...

Damn! And people think I ramble! Wow! Dude you got me beat! Hands down.. oh man that sounded dirty! Oh well..

Anyways, you are so welcome! You sure do make me think of things I am sure I would not if you did not bring it up! I had fun too chatting! That is what friends are for! But the next time you are in the dark and you are scared and you call me.. remember I am a single mother.. which means.. yeah no man around.. do not talk about ghost and all.. that thought was in my head and that really fucked with my mind! I just wanted to communicate with you on that! LMAO

Now, write me a fic and send ASAP to make it up to me! Why Are you still here? Still reading this? I told you write me a fic and NOW!

That is all! LMAO

Love ya girle!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Aye, aye captain!

*salutes*

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

"our secret ficage"

Huh?????

When do we get it?!?!?!?!?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home