Friday, August 11, 2006

Kansas & Styx Concert

Yeah, that's where I've been allllll day. LOL. Well, technically the concert was yesterday since its after midnight now. LOL. Thursday night concert. YAY ME! Anyway, Sally and Rich (my neighbors, Patrick's parents) asked me to go to the concert like four months ago and I totally forgot about it until the other day. My memory is sooo shot!

So, the three of us left around 2 in the afternoon to drive there. (Patrick stayed home with my mom.) It's only 45 mins away and the concert didn't start till 6 or something like that. It was a good thing we left early though - Sally got off on the wrong exit and we got lost!

We finally got there a while later and we just kinda hung around. The concert had a mini carnival or something going on around it so we chilled out until we could get into the concert. We got our picture taken together by Carnival since we watched this free video and supposedly our picture is supposed to be posted on the Carnival Cruise site within 48 hours. I'm dying to see it since we didn't get a sneak peek!

We got into the concert and we sat in the second row of the lawn section, good seats if I do say so myself. BUT, these ignorant people in front of stood up during the ENTIRE concert so we couldn't see unless we stood as well. Everyone stood when Styx came on, but there was no need for it during Kansas since everyone else stayed seated. JERKS. They totally ruined the concert for us. Between their bitchiness and drama - we were soo ready to call it a night before Styx even came on!

We were mainly going to see Styx but Kansas was good too. I knew Kansas was an oldies group like Styx but I never knew how many of their songs I had already known. I knew a lot of them, I just didn't know who had sang them. Now, I do! LOL.

The concert was overall pretty good. Except for when these birds were flying overhead and they crapped on my hand. JUST MINE, no one elses. Sally said it means good luck, I still say its a bunch of bull. Damn birds.

I was pissed after the concert though, Styx didn't sing my favorite song of theirs - Renegade. They sang some of my other favs, but Renegade is my all time fav of theirs. They sang Lady, Lorelei, Too Much Time On My Hands, Mr Roboto, Come Sail Away (they sang it towards the end) and a whole bunch of their newer songs. NO RENEGADE, damn it. My fav Kansas song that I never knew was theirs was How Long.

Actually, maybe they sang it at the end - I'm not sure. We cut out early so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic. Hehe.

Anyway, we just got home! LOL. The concert was pretty good, I enjoyed spending time with Rich and Sally. Uncle Rich made little comments the entire time. He cracks me up. I can't really say a lot of them in here since some are dirty, crude, etc and I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe, I'll share sometime!

Oh and when I got home I found out that my tape didn't record GH cause I had it at the wrong recording setting. (Therefore there wasn't enough time on the tape to record. GRR.) Plus, there was a big news thing at three oclock so my mom missed some of it. And then during soap net's viewing of it we lost power for fifteen minutes. Freaking electric company! We keep losing power due to surges and stuff. It's a bunch of bullshit. *sigh* So, I'll have to catch up on GH in the morning on Soap Net. Hopefully everything works in my favor tomorrow!

Anyway, that was my day away from computer land! And boy did I go through withdrawls! Why do you think I'm on at 1 am? *evil laugh*

1 Comments:

Blogger RubyRed3 said...

aww Hugs!

Thank you for sharing! Forgive me for not typing much I am tired!

:0)

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home